Carbon fiber composite amphibious floats have been designed for the Antonov An-2, however, with the implication of a possibility of their installation on other airplanes of similar size as well.
The project has been completed for a customer based in North America and included:
- • lofting;
- • amphibious float conceptual design;
- • float water and ground load calculations per FAR Part 23 requirements;
- • evaluation of several structural concepts of the float and the installation package;
- • design and finite element analysis of float's carbon fiber composite structure;
- • computer modeling of float assembly and its components.
Unless specifically stated otherwise, all images herein are property of ADA (Advanced Design Alliance) Engineering and cannot be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, or stored in a data base or retrieval system, without prior written consent of ADA Engineering owner.