Back to all projects

Three-Seat Trainer Airplane

This concept has been designed as a technical proposal for flight schools and academies with ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot Licence) / MPL (Multi-Crew Pilot Licence) students in mind.

The cabin accommodates the student pilot and the instructor in the front seats and the observer in the folding rear jumpseat. Statistically, 90% of training sorties in four-seat aircraft have been flown with two persons (a student and an instructor) on board, and the other 10% of training flights with a third person - either a student-observer or an examiner - on board.

The installed GARMIN G3X TouchTM FMS system allows to wireless stream information to backseat observer's iPad for better learning experience and situation awareness.

The airline style overhead switch panel gives a modern airliner appearance and trains better motoring skills to future airline pilots.

Two main doors and an aft auxiliary door, all of a gull-wing type, provide generous access inside the cabin and a convenient ventilation solution (during ground taxiing), especially for countries with hot climate.

The airplanes features, for instance, an integral carbon fiber roll cage, a T-tail for smooth spin recovery, reliable fixed tricycle landing gear of trailing-link type, specially designed for hard training environment, with a steerable nose wheel, slotted flaps, a parachute recovery system.

Modern Rotax 915 iS engine with Engine Control Unit (ECU) and Single Lever Power Control (SLPC) provide simple operations to a pilot. Extended engine TBO (2000 hr) and low fuel consumption (average 15 l/hr) of unleaded fuel make operations very economical and attractive to flight training providers. Six hours plus fuel endurance allows one refuelling per day during a busy training schedule and long-distance cross-country flights without out-base refuelling.

 

INITIAL SPECIFICATIONS
Three-seat cabin (two pilots and an observer)
Structures all composite
MTOW ~1080 kg
Empty Weight ~710 kg
Max Useful Load ~370 kg
Max Fuel Capacity ~145 l
Engine Rotax 915 iS, 141 HP
Endurance ~6 hours (with 45-minute reserves)
Stalling Speed Vso 51 knots
Cruise Speed 120 knots
Max Cruise Speed Vmax 140 knots
Wing Span 10.7 m
Recovery System Galaxy GRS 6 990-1190 SDS Speedy FF
Limit Load Factor 3.8/-1.52

 

Unless specifically stated otherwise, all images herein are property of ADA (Advanced Design Alliance) Engineering and cannot be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, or stored in a data base or retrieval system, without prior written consent of ADA Engineering owner.